Hi Everyone:

Chris and Karin Mitchell, Bob W.,  and I would like to share a project we
worked on as a thank you gift for Mike Wilson and his family for their
wonderful hospitality while in Northumbria this past summer.  The book is
completed and the Wilsons have received it--with enthusiasm I might add!

Our collaborative process was as follows:

1) The Mitchells and Bob W. set up Google Doc pages, posted their photos at
full size, then sent me the link.
2) I downloaded all photos and imported the photos into Lightroom
3) In Lightroom using the book module, I began the layout of the book--and
saved the project.  Don't forget to do that if working on a Lightroom book
project.   Very important.
4) I wanted to show the Mitchells and Bob a draft, so I took screen shots of
each page, saved the screen shots as jpegs, created a web gallery in Lightroom,
then sent the link to the Brits for feedback.  They commented on layout, cover
ideas, typos et al.
5) At the same time, I ordered a proof copy of the book, which helped a lot
because I found even more typos after looking at the hardcopy.  My only
complaint at this point is blurb should offer a discounted proof copy.  But
anyway . . .
6) After looking at the first draft, which had no cover yet, Chris Mitchell
suggested superimposing the cover with our text in the highway sign.  That work
was done in Photoshop Elements 10, which I purchased for the project, but I
needed to get the application anyway with my switch from PC to Mac.
5) So, then I revised, uploaded to blurb, and I purchased the book.
6) I signed the book, shipped it off to the Mitchells so they could sign it,
then Chris met up with Bob W. and he signed it. Then it was shipped to the
Wilsons, and I'm happy to announce it's safely in their hands.

The entire process was easy as punch. I was nervous because this was my first
book, but Lightroom 4 makes the process so easy--really I was amazed at how
easy it was.  The only real hard part is finding the time to actually do such
projects.  I have lots of ideas now for gifts and my own work, but finding time
will be the number one challenge.

As the preview shows, we chose an image wrap cover, pro pearlline paper, and
some elegant end papers.  At first I wasn't keen on the image wrap cover, but
to do the cover the way I wanted to and as quickly as I wanted to, the image
wrap ended up the best choice, and surprisingly, I liked the result.  I had a
prejudice against image wrap, but I'm over that now.

So, everyone's agreed to share our work, not to sell copies since this is a
personal project, but rather just to share the result of our collaboration,
which we are all quite proud of.

Hope you enjoy!  Cheers, Christine, Chris and Karin Mitchell, Bob W., and The
Wilsons!

Thanks again Mike!  We had such a great time!  We're all very grateful!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3569088