> From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Don Guthrie
>
> Yes one city I would truly like to visit. I liked the photo a great
> deal after gazing fondly at it for 5 minutes. On my monitor it looks
> like the couple are dropping gold coins?

yes - that's a nice idea! It's the reflection of the lamp on the wet slabs,
but it looks like gold coming out of the carrier bag.

In Paris there are hordes of beggars and con-artists who have a scam which
involves them picking up an apparently gold ring from the pavement and
handing it to you, as if you'd dropped it. Of course as an honest person you
say it's not yours and you can't take it. This leads into their spiel in
which they somehow (try to) get you to hand over some honest cash for the
ring, which is of course worthless.

The great thing about it is there are so many people doing it - sit on the
Tuileries for 5 minutes and it's like watching a synchronised street art
performance.