Be careful at border points, they might ask if you have a license for that.

Gerrit

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Brian Walters
Sent: December 5, 2012 3:45 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Q with a View(finder) or Two

G'day all

I just knew that the auxiliary viewfinder that I picked up years ago for my
Zorki C would come in handy one day....

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/_IGP1235-K5-1.jpg

It's a turret type, with finders for 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm and 135mm (in
35mm terms).  For the Q, the 50mm finder has about the same field of view as
the 8.5mm prime and if I get the 5-15mm zoom, the 35mm and 85mm finders
should just about cover the range.

It does look a bit ridiculous.  It's heavy and unbalances the camera but it
might be useful in a pinch when the LCD monitor becomes difficult to view in
bright sunlight.

Probably more useful is this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/_IGP1243-K5-1.jpg

That's a viewfinder designed for the Tele- and Wide- adapters of a Yashica
Electo 35.  It's nicely compact and has markings that approximate to 10.5mm
and 6.5mm focal lengths on the Q.  Certainly useable with a bit of
guesswork.

Incidentally, the lens attached in the first photo is a Konica Hexanon 40mm
f1.8 - equivalent to 220mm in 35mm terms. I'm finding it pretty hard to hand
hold effectively while trying to focus.  I'll try it out tripod or monopod
mounted in the near future.

--
Cheers

Brian