> From: John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
>
> I've been looking at the Nikon D600 off and on since it was announced.
> Not looking to switch brands, but it provides a minimum standard of
> value & performance Pentax should meet or exceed.

I agree John, but I;m willing to go a bit lower. They they should be
competing at the minimum, at the top of the APS-C arena. That's now in
the 24 MP range and has been for approximately a year.

If one walked into an establishment and saw a 24 MP kit for $999 and a
16 MP kit for $999, and one was a name you instantly recognized and
you knew people that had that brand, and the other ones was less
recognizable and lower spec'd based upon the advertising on the side
of the box, which one will likely sell more?

You have to sell cameras, to make money, to make more cameras. It's
Business 101.

Tom C.