Wow, Prickly got more comments than I expected.

Thanks Jack, Paul,  frank, Miserere ?, and Bruce.

Marnie aka Doe :-) :-) :-)

In a message dated  12/9/2012 8:52:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jdavi...@yahoo.com  writes:
Again, you did a great job on composing this random array of closely
grouped "succulents."
Takes acuity.

Jack

----- Original  Message -----
From: "eactiv...@aol.com" <eactiv...@aol.com>
To:  pdml@pdml.net
Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:28 AM
Subject: Re:  PESO - Don't Be So... Prickly

Thanks! Well, this is probably one of the  better  one for the last two
years. Although I took a lot of this  particular clump and  just randomly
picked
out this shot as the best.

I just meant, I haven't  shot anything special, artistic, or  different in
l-o-n-g time. Haven't  stretched myself. Just taken  ordinary shots of
ordinary things. Anyway, they  look ordinary to  me.

The Ruth Bancroft Garden, though, turned out to be  rather  special all by
itself. We made a running stop, but I could have stayed   for hours (with
my
tripod, which I didn't have). Three acres of succulents  (I  guess cactus
are
succulents). Cacti are great for photography...  they are so  geometric.

Thanks, Jack, Dave, Dan, Gerrit, and, you  Bob, for your  comments and to
all who looked.

Marnie   :-)

In a message  dated  12/9/2012 7:38:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,