Hi,

this is the type of situation where an incident reading would probably
be better than a reflected reading. In general it would be better to
point the meter at the camera, but an average or split reading would
probably be ok too. Failing that, a reading off the grey card should
be the same as an incident reading, and I would personally use that
rather than a reading off the child's skin or a coat or whatever
because it removes the element of guesswork.

As for diffusion you'd have to be careful about colour casts (if using
colour film) even from an apparently white diffuser.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]