In 1979 I worked as an assistant at a small studio.  Making colour
prints was one of my duties.  I can tell you with absolute authority
that a print made on Kodak Ektaprint 2 paper from a C41 processed
Kodak VPS negative that came out of a Leica M5 was inferior to the
product of a 2MP point @ shoot in 2002.  My conclusion therefore is
that analogue Leicas no longer had a reason to exist 10 years ago,
therefore they are no better than scrap metal.  Anyone who possesses
one of these wastes of resources is welcome to send it my way, and
I'll dispose of it in the most environmentally sensitive way possible.

regards, Anthony