On Dec 16, 2012, at 4:12 , Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

> You can find the exposure value (EV) for the particular iso, shutter speed
> and aperture that you used, but that only tells you how dark the meter
> thought it was. Without a reference value you're going to have to rely on
> your memory, and adjust the output by eye. Knowing the EV of the exposure is
> not going to help.
>
> It seems to me that your problem is the way you metered the scene.

Actually, it's not a problem - I have no beef with bumping the settings in the
camera to make the image look good.  As a matter of fact, if I wanted to
represent the scene "the way I saw it" it would look awful.  The light was
almost purple (you should see the skin-tone of my wife in the uncorrected shot
I took of her).  I was just curious for my own knowledge, not because I wanted
to change the output of the image.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com