Wow. Wasn't expecting the  response.

Thanks, Ann, Jack, frank, Christine, Cotty, Dan, Gerrit, Paul,  Bob, Peter,
Paul, Bruce, and et. all for looking and commenting.

It's  kind of ironic. I am putting together a hand-done calendar for
friends (a  couple) and I've been going through photos for varied shots of
Northern  California. (I gave them one two years ago which they loved.) I've
mainly
been  using 2011-2012 shots, but didn't have enough and started looking at
2010  shots.

These upward looking shots in my Praire Creek Folder, I had  skimmed by
previously, knowing it was a cliched shot. I was looking more at the  bases of
trees and other shots the first time around. But this time, going  through a
second time, with fresh eyes, I thought, "you know that's not so  bad."

Just goes to prove maybe it's worth taking a second look later  sometimes.
Maybe years later. ;-)

BTW, because of this group, the peppers  and the blue car have made the cut
for the calendar. Heh.

Thanks, guys  and gals.  Marnie :-)  I love shooting Redwoods, but as lots
of you  have stated it is hard to do.
Yes. I have vertical shots too, but I like the  horizontal ones because
it's a littlebit anti-cliche cliche. Heh. Thanks  again.

In a message dated 12/16/2012 3:51:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ann...@nyc.rr.com writes:

On 12/16/2012 13:24, Jack Davis wrote:
>  Marnie, this is not a cliche in my lexicon.

that was my line,  jack!
Very dramatic in the bare limb composition permitting an open  view of
the canopy.
> It overcomes at least my frustration felt in  many attempts to
photographically grasp Redwoods.
> I like the high  contrast and, also, feel more comfortable with it as a
vertical.

>  Jack

Redwoods are so tough. I've seldom been happy with any I took of  them. I
like it, Marnie

ann