Nice portrait of a loving couple,  Larry.

I prefer this shot where she is not looking at you (the  photographer)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8285822107/in/set-72157632279369283/

because  that way she looks more unself-consciously "into" the hug.

HTH, Marnie  aka Doe :-)

In a message dated 12/20/2012 1:18:08 A.M. Pacific Standard  Time,
l...@red4est.com writes:
On Dec 19, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Bruce Walker  wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Larry Colen  <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 19, 2012, at  11:35 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
>>
>>> That's a really sweet  image of the couple. Your timing was excellent.
>>>
>>>  I can't help thinking that it should be less exposed though. I  mean,
>>> if that scene was as dark as you and the EXIF say, then I  expect it to
>>> look dark rather than looking almost like it was  taken in daylight
>>> with a noisy P&S. What's that saying  that's making the rounds lately?
>>> "Light reveals, shadow  defines." At the very least vignetting the
>>> subject by darkening  the background around them would help.
>>
>> OK, I gave your  suggestion a try.  My goal was a photo of the couple,
not so much a photo  of a dark room, but here is a darker version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8289056058/in/set-72157632279369283/

> That's good, though I'd dodge the couple's faces and hands to  lighten
> them a little (1/3rd stop or so).

Good point, though I  lightened everything, then darkened just the light
part of the  background.
Thanks for the suggestions.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com sent from i4est