From: dglenn
John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
I'm not sure how many guitars I have. Too
many probably.

"Too many guitars"?  I know what all of those words mean separately,
but not in that order.

I thought I had 17, but during a recent inventory update I could only
find 16 and I couldn't identify which one was "missing". I didn't know
if something happened to one of them or if I just had the wrong number
in my head.

Turned out there wasn't anything on my old inventory list missing once I
was able to remember where I put it. Actually, my mom found the
inventory list I left with her when she was keeping my guitars while I
was in Iraq. I don't remember having bought any guitars since I got
home, so that inventory should be valid.

Either way, if you lose count, that's a pretty good indicator of "too
many".

Plus, having so many guitars means most of them don't get played as much
as they should be. Guitars are meant to be played. It's not good for
them to just sit in the case. I try to keep at least one electric & one
acoustic out all the time, and rotate through them without playing
favorites. I keep 'em out for about a month before putting them away and
bringing out the next set.

And I guess that brings us to the question of whether anyone "needs"
that many guitars. I'd say the answer is no. No one *needs* that many
guitars.

But I wanted them, and I could pay for them, so I bought them. Every
guitar I bought I bought because I enjoyed playing it and I bought it so
I could continue to enjoy playing it.