On 27/12/2012 12:08 PM, Tom C wrote:
From: Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>

PS. There is something that I don't like about FB from the beginning,
and I still cannot single out what that is.
I still don't have my presence on FB...[*] But maybe it means I am an
e-dinosaur.

It starts out from the premise that I don't mind sharing my life and
personal thoughts with a wide assortment of people,
some of whom I know well and trust, some of whom I feel fairly
comfortable with, and some I know little about.

It starts out from the premise that I'd want to share the same things
with those three groups of people.

It starts out from the premise that if someone views me as a "friend"
that I likely share that opinion about them.

It starts out from the premise that if I receive an invite, I'll be
afraid of hurting someone's feelings if I don't accept them as a
''friend'.

It starts out from the premise that if someone I know decides to send
me an electronic hug or to poke me, that I'd like that better than a
personal email or phone call.

It starts out from the premise that I must say "I like something"
before being allowed to participate in such and such an event.

It starts out from the premise that I give a damn whether my nephew
has a runny nose or my adult sister is having a problem getting along
with mother at the moment.

It starts out with the premise that if I deactivate my account that
they have a right to know why (to which I reply "None of your damn
business")

It starts out from the premise that I'd like to play games about pig farming.

None of that is true for me. As is evident since it's creation, it's
far to easy to be abused, misused, or to simply type or post something
unwisely that gets into the hands of the wrong person(s).

It puts the oness on me to keep track of all those people and
connections and parse my own words and thoughts far more closely than
if communicating one on one or with a select group of recipents. It's
more or less a privavcy and security nightmare as far as I'm
concerned.

It's far easier to control information in private emails or on a
little list like this where everyone is nice and courteous.

Tom C.

Screw you and your pompous little tirade you overblown buffalo.
So much for nice and courteous. :)

--

William Robb