Thanks Jack Marnie Larry Bruce & John!
Larry, you may see diagonals, but I tend to see things (when shooting or
cropping) via a Cesarian Section. You know, "Gallia [Imagoes] est omnis divisa
in partes tres" or "[Images] are divided into three parts." AKA the rule of
thirds. After that I look for flow from one section to another, and that often
produces the diagonals.

stan