I'm glad I'm not the only one who photographs rulers.  My maximum set
up covers 1 x 1.5 mm using an Olympus 20 mm macro lens on bellows.
The trouble is that anything more than f11 and it goes completely
soft, anything less and the depth of field is nothing (It's next to
nothing at f11, but better than nothing).

It does give me images like this one though.

http://www.bluering.org.au/leon/pictures/2008KittyMillerBay5510.jpg
(Close up of the tentacles of a stauromedusa - stalked jellyfish)

Super crazy macro is always fun.  My latest challenge is photographing
closeups of the heads of 15mm long live marine nemertean worms (in sea
water) for my wife's studies and upcoming papers. (Worms move very
quick!)  Still it means she supports all my gear purchases :)

Leon