On 1/1/13 9:25 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Jan 1, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Doug Brewer wrote:

Yes, and so many of the less formal photos from when I was a kid were when
parents were doing just that.  That may also have contributed to the nostalgic
feel of your photos.  They reminded me more of the photos I saw when I was a
kid, rather than the photos, casual or portrait, than I so often see now.

I *liked* the nostalgic feel to your photos.  It wasn't anything I consciously
thought about when I first saw them, I just had the gut feeling that they
reminded me more of photos from my childhood than the vast majority of photos
that I see now.

Sorry I misunderstood. I get what you're saying now, and I think we're somewhat
in agreement.

Glad to hear.  You can rest assured that if I intend to insult you, I'll do my
best to remove any doubt as to my goal.

Upon further reflection, perhaps what makes your photos retro is the combination of
"casual" and "extra care", if that makes any sense.

It does, and sorry again; I've prepping for an intense ten-day writing workshop and getting a little jumpy. That I'm breaking down the first chapter of a manuscript seemingly typed by ten different illiterates isn't helping.