Hans-Bernhard,

If you want the no hassle approach, the Z-1p allows you to set the
amount of flash fill and then you can shoot away.  I believe the MZ-3
is a bit more fiddley but can be done.  You have to fool the flash by
manually setting exposure and then dialing in the amount of
compensation you want.  Your meter will read off by that amount.

Bruce Dayton