White balance lens cap...

http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=vivicap

and of course, there's ExpoDisc...but that's not cheap.

-p

On 1/8/2013 12:29 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
I've got a set of greycards (white, grey, & black) that are a bit larger than a business
card.  I frequently use them to get a white balance reference, since I'm more likely to shoot in
weird lighting than in "standard" light, such as sunlight, or flash.  I recently
realized that it would be really handy if the edges of the grey card were marked in inches and
fractions on one side, and cms & mms on the other.  That way, when I take a photo of it next
to a flower, or a bug, to get a white balance reference, I'd also have something to give a good
size reference.
The ideal would be to have a grid of inches or cms, with the fractional
markings along the edge.

Speaking of grey cards,  I really wish I could get lens caps, in 18% neutral
grey.  That way, I'd always have my white balance reference with me.

Being old doesn't seem so old now that I'm old.