Thank you, Rick!

I still balk a little at LR -- especially when I just want to do quick-and-dirty editing. I'm /very/ slowly learning it, mostly because it seems a bit cumbersome on my laptop. That and the fact that I'm still a slave to my old "workflow" (which is an exceedingly generous description of how I go about editing photos). One of these days, I'm just going to have to take off the training wheels.

-- Walt

On 1/8/2013 10:25 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
Nice.

If you're shooting RAW, that noise in the deep blue cleans up beautifully in LR.

Rick
http://photo.net/photos/RickW

----- Original Message -----
From: Walt <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:11 AM
Subject: PESO: First K-5 Sunset

I took the K-5 out at twilight last night and took a few snaps, thinking it
would be interesting to see how it dealt with the relatively low light compared
to the K20D at ISO 1600.

I am happy with its performance:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/8360846807/

There is a little noise in the deep blue, but I suspect that's got more to with
the guy behind the camera than anything inside or in front of it. The weather
is supposed to be fairly nice for the next few days, so I'm going to see about
taking a little photo walk. I just wish the scenery were a little nicer around
here, but it sure gets awfully drab in winter months.

-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List