Steve Cottrell wrote:

>On 8/1/13, Don Guthrie, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>>I have tried the K-01 and do not miss the finder at all. Every review I
>>have read echos my experience.
>
>Just thinking further on this for a moment.
>
>If optical viewfinders had never existed, we wouldn't miss them. Then
>along came a camera with one built in, and you pick it up and tell us
>that your new camera with no rear LCD is kinda cool, and you don't miss
>it at all.
>
>My point is, if the designers and manufacturers made only cameras with
>no OVFs, then eventually people would accept it as the norm.

It already is considered the norm my millions of people. Despite what
Don says, I read one review of the Pentax K-01 that put the lack of an
optical viewfinder as one of the big *positives* about the camera.
Amazing to me but that's the younger generation for you: they find an
optical viewfinder to be a colossal waste of space & money.

I got to play around with a K-01 at GFM last year. I loved everything
about it except the lack of viewfinder. Even at the blow-out prices
we've seen recently I couldn't convince myself to buy one because of
that.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com