> Hi Fred. Yes the add said A 70-200 f4. I have yet to see it
> though. Sorry i forgot my mind is hard to read :)

No need to be sorry, Dave - what you said was what you meant.  <g>

However, what I said before is still valid:  "I think that $199 CDN
might be too much for the non-SMC 70-200/4's."  I do think that you
certainly should be able to get a jen-you-wine SMC 70-210/4 for that
price (or less).  While reports on the non-SMC 70-200/4's have been
pretty favorable, I personally think you would be better off picking
up an SMC A 70-210/4 lens - they certainly are not rare (so you
shouldn't have too much trouble finding one), and it is a good lens.

Fred