On 1/6/2013 2:37 AM, Tom C wrote:
I try to distance any emotion or the 'knowledge that I was there' when
I critique my images. That tends to taint objectivity.

I ask myself 'If this was someone else's image and not mine, would I
like it as much?'.

Normally, that wouldn't be an easy exercise for me. So I usually wait, sometimes weeks after the shot was taken, so that the immediate emotion and immediate memory becomes weaker. In extreme cases I might return to a shot way after it was taken and kind of kick myself in the forehead (my accent is still dissimilar to that of Jackie Chan :-) ) - how could I not notice this shot before...

Boris