Nice framing within the frame, Marne. Looks like it was a beautiful old building.

I do a fair bit of business with Christian Brothers Services, which I think is the successor organization to the brothers who used to run the winery. Still run by brothers. They exited the winder / distillery business some time ago and now provide business services (employee benefits, retirement plans, risk management). The folks I work with are out of Romeoville, Illinois (near Chicago.)

Mark

On 1/17/2013 10:30 PM, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:
Actually, they are no longer in the wine making  business. At least not in
California, anyway.

Marnie aka Doe :-) Which is  not to say some of the wine might not still be
around, it probably is. Googled  this, they were one of the first Napa
wineries.

In a message dated  1/17/2013 6:39:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pnstenqu...@comcast.net  writes:

On Jan 17, 2013, at 6:11 PM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com>  wrote:

From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf  Of
eactiv...@aol.com

Nothing  special, I just like the image.

Cropped a little and  taken this past year (2012).

Shot in Napa  Valley,  CA, at the former Christian Brothers Winery
(lovely, old stone  building)  that is now a cooking school, The
Culinary Institute  of  America.

  http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/ivypalm.html

are they the same Christian Brothers who used to beat me at my prep
school
for minor mistakes in arithmetic, and who issued a global apology  a few
years ago for their routine abuse of children over  decades?

Yes, the Christian Brothers of  Ireland  had some abuse scandals in the
order, particularly in Ireland but  perhaps in England also. But they've done a
lot of good as well. They work  extensively with the poor all over the
world and they're still making wine here  in the states and teaching kids.. Lots
of good Christian Brothers scholls here,  including Iona College in New
York,  Brother Rice High School in Chicago  and a Brother Rice High School here
in Michigan. Both of the high schools are  top notch.
.
--
PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail  List
follow the  directions.