From: Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org>
Sent: January 23, 2013 1/23/13
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: G'day and Thanks

Just dropping in to say thanks for all of the good wishes, both on
list and personally, following my recent stroke.  It wasn't the way I
had planned to see in the New Year - I've still got a bottle or two of
champers to crack when I get the OK from my doctors.

I'm home again after 3 weeks in hospital.  I don't know if the quality
of daytime TV is the same everywhere but in Sydney it was a choice of
endless tennis or re-runs of 1970/80/90 TV dramas and sitcoms.  I
can't stand televised tennis so I chose the re-runs, but I think I'm
now MacGyvered out.

I'm now walking OK, but my style and speed wont win any prizes for
some time. The left arm is improving but keyboard operations are still
a bit of a problem so i won't be posting regularly for a while.  I
expect to be having more therapy as an outpatient for 4-6 weeks.

A special thanks to Bill Robb and Igor for taking care of the PUG at
short notice.  Bill, I hope you can continue for another month until I
see how my gallery compilation skills re-develop.

My biggest complaint is that i haven't taken a single photo in 2013!
The K-5 is still a bit beyond me but the Q should be useable - I'm
about to order the 5-15mm zoom for it.

Anyway, it's good to be back on the list and dealing with the daily
flood of mail!

--
Cheers

Brian