From: Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>
Sent: January 23, 2013 1/23/13
To: PDML@pdml.net
Subject: People like bright (saturated) colors

Whatever connoisseurs might say, the large portion of people do enjoy
bright, saturated colors.

Every so often, PDMLers criticize examples of somebody's oversaturated
photos. But there must a be a reason why those things "sell".
I just looked over the first few pages of the most popular photos on
500px.com:
http://500px.com/popular
Almost all of them (if not all) have saturated colors (or high-contrast
B&W)

I am sure psychologists wrote papers and books on this topic, I didn't
even try to google it, but I suspect the reason is simple: bright colors
are easier for "consumption", the same way as sweet foods/drinks
attract attention of adults and especially kids. In a similar way,
many people start drinking wines by liking the sweet ones.

Igor