We've had pretty steady lake effect snow this week and last night for a few hours I was able to catch it while it was producing well formed single crystals. I stated out playing with the Q but when I saw that there were some good subjects I switched over to the tried and true K-5 setup.

You can see the keepers here:

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/2013-snow-crystals

The setup was the K-5, ~200mm of tubes and extension (varies between shots) and a reverse mounted Sigma 50mm EX macro. Lit with an AF360FGZ in manual mode at 1/32 power. Exposure controlled via ISO on the camera - these are mostly at ISO 100 with a couple at 80 and one at 200.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

PS: Regarding the Q... I found that the flash *can* be set to manual mode provided that you set it to manual before mounting it on the camera. Once mounted only P-TTL and SB are available. But if you turn on the flash and set it to manual it will stay in manual until the flash is powered off or the setting is changed.