A very interesting plant, Peter. Nicely detailed shot. Is that a
perennial where you live? It sure wouldn't survive in southern
Ontario!

It really needs more contrast to separate it from the background. It's
unfortunate that the stones seem to be about the same tonal value as
the plant's leaves. I bet you could get more definition by applying
stronger and more diffuse light (like from a shoot-through umbrella)
off to one side. I also think you could afford to give it more
sharpening and local contrast.

--
-bmw