Don't feel safe, I've had everything from IBM to Western Digital to Sony to Sanyo to Seagate drives fail. The sad secret is that most if not all manufactures don't make all the available sizes of drives, so they buy something to fill the gap in their lines from another manufacture install their own firmware, rebadge and package as it were their own.

On 2/4/2013 4:54 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: "Larry Colen"

An apple centric friend of mine suggested either Apple or Intel SSDs, and
nothing else. I didn't get all of the details of why, but mostly it has
to do with which manufacturers test for what.

Any SATA II drive should be compatible. For whatever it might be worth, your existing 320GB hard-drive is by Western Digital.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136098

The only hard-drives I've ever had fail in use were Western Digital.

There's another possible route that has been suggested and that's to find
a used Mac Pro (desktop). A friend pointed me to a craigslist add for an
8 core machine for $1200. Not as cheap as an SSD, but then I could put
all of my drives in the box so that they are right on the SATA bus rather
than hanging them off firewire or such like.

--
Buy a Leica to get the full “Leica Experience”, (a quick reduction of funds in
the bank account).