On 2/7/2013 9:46 PM, steve harley wrote:
on 2013-02-04 14:15 Walt wrote
It could've been a little sharper, but I'm fairly happy with it.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/8444921971/
K-5, FA 50/1.4, f/2.2, 1/80 sec., ISO 800

fascinating picture - yes, she's attractive, and her pose is surprisingly candid and open, but the composition and lighting really work; it's a picture of a moment at your bar

Thanks, Steve!

It's strange how the presence of a camera has a way of creating moments that wouldn't otherwise be noteworthy. It's one of the few instances I've ever experienced where the subject didn't completely ruin the moment upon discovering she was having her photo taken. She actually just rolled with it. Most of the time, they completely alter the shot by "posing" with a huge, toothy smile and some manner of gesticulation.

-- Walt