From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Zos Xavius
Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013 4:05 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Some slide film advice?

I'm going to run a roll of velvia 100  that someone handed me the other day
through my zx-7. I will
probably do nothing but mostly tripod landscapes and what not. Since I will
likely  be  using an
older 50mm mostly, I will just have center weighted metering at my disposal. I
know that for slide
film you expose mostly for highlights since there is less latitude there. I
guess I'm asking, should
I just have enough faith in that meter and try to center more on the sky and
lock and recompose? I
could also use the k-5 to spot meter since I would likely have it with me. I
just don't have enough
of a feel for this zx-7 as I still have a decent amount of tri-x waiting to be
developed. I think I
am going to try duplicating a few shots with the k-5 so I can compare digital
vs slide film. I also
have some kodak porta vc pro 160. I'm guessing that can still be developed,
though I know its out of
production if I heard correctly. I will probably start with the porta first. My
experience wi  th
film is very limited since I started purely in digital years ago. I see there
are some film shooters
here so I thought I would ask. With the digital cameras I can spot meter if it
is critical. No
option for that here. I kind of love the challenge of film....a 67 would be a
lot of fun so I'm
looking at playing a bit more with 35mm before I make the jump to 120.