One of the things that I accomplished this weekend is that I now have a neat
desk.  This involved the minor expedient of taking my desk apart, moving it out
of the office, putting in rubber mat flooring (as much for insulation on the
concrete floor as anything else) an re-configuring and reassembling the desk.
It now has three stations for working on computers.  Two of them for "work
work"  where I can switch from my Linux desktop to my work laptop by swiveling
a chair, and one at the other end of the desk for my iMac which I use for
photography.

The current arrangement has the iMac and the laptop switched from this photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8482250601/in/set-72157632791378756/

Note the plastic tub filled with external drives.

At some point, I am going to need to resurface the desk. The previous iteration
was covered with masonite which worked OK, but not wonderfully.

Now I need to move most of the big pile of stuff out of the living room back
onto the shelves under the desk.  That'll be the easy part. The tough part is
going to be getting rid of all of the various treasures stored under there that
I don't really need.