I think what Cook said was "there would be something that Mac Pro users would like". Not trying to be argumentative but CEOs like politicians must be parsed sometimes. One speculation is that it would be more sealed and not use inter-changeble circuit boards or video boards.

And maybe we should change the heading for this discussion.

pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:18:52 +1300
From: David Mann<dmann...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Android tablets for showing photos?

On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:17 AM, Don Guthrie<shark50...@gmail.com>  wrote:

>It is banned now in Europe because of some electrical problem.
To clarify, a European electrical safety standards was updated and the Mac Pro
does not comply with the new standard on a couple of minor points.  One is that
they must now fit finger-guards to the INTERNAL fans.  I think the other issue
relates to surge-resistance on a couple of the ports, eg lightning-induced
spikes coming into a USB or Thunderbolt port from an external device shouldn't
cause damage, up to a certain level.

Doing surge testing is like watching paint dry, until the device fails.  I used
to work on power supply systems for cellphone towers and we tested to the
highest level our equipment allowed.  The mountains of China, India and South
Africa are unforgiving.

My guess is that Apple already had an update in the works and were going to
have the new model out before the changes took effect, but the project must
have fallen behind schedule.  IIRC Tim Cook said a new model is coming this
year.

Cheers,
Dave