On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013, David J Brooks wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ignoring that big philosophical question, the most solid answer is to own a
>>> domain, set up a content management system, and get a hosting contract; you
>>> then have complete control, and can move it to another host if needed;
>>> downside: it's a fussy process with lots of choices
>>
>> Hum. I have my own site www dot caughtinmotion dot com, i am now just
>> wondering if i should just up load the word doc and make a link to it.
>> Only problem i see is people taking the doc and having their way with
>> it. Not sure what safe guards i have at my disposal
>
> Depends what your goal is.  Short answer is that you don't have any
> safeguards once you publish something *except* for people's basic decency
> and honesty.  There are technical solutions that can mitigate *some*
> indiscriminate copying -- but too many of them are cumbersome for
> legitimate uses and will annoy people you *want* to have access to your
> work.
Basically i use Posterous and if i have to my blogger site or my home
site, just so certain people can read up on my notes of my 35 years in
land surveying, those that expressed interest or those at my old work
place that want to read them and make edit comments for me.

Dave

--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
www.caughtinmotion.com