From: Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>
Sent: February 21, 2013 2/21/13
To: PDML@pdml.net
Subject: Re: OT - Frequent Fracture Card

Ouch!

And this wasn't a theatrical/musical performance, but you still
"broke your leg" so to speak...

I hope it mends quickly and with little pain.

Igor

Wed Feb 20 07:34:19 EST 2013
knarftheriault wrote:

That's what they're giving me at St. Joe's Hospital here in Toronto. Third
visit in two years, second since September.

We had a flash freeze yesterday after a thaw that covered the gutters and bike
lanes with standing water. The sudden drop in temps, of course, turned it to
ice. Worse was the gusting forty-to-sixty kilometre an hour winds. Got smacked
with a sudden sidewind while on black ice. Down I go.

Broken ankle. But, "a good break" which should allow a walking cast/boot and
heal without complications.

On my way to fracture clinic as we speak to be looked at by orthopaedic surgeon
and get fitted for aforementioned cast.

If I am a walking/metropassing messenger for a while I will have more photo
ops!  ;-)

As always, could have been worse.

More on this later. Just wanted to share with friends (that's you guys!).  ;-)

cheers,
frank