----- Original Message ----- From: "Aahz Maruch" <a...@pobox.com>

The daisies look really sharp, though it's hard to be sure with a small
image.

It is a very sharp lens, but it's not particularly well corrected (ie. it's not APO). You can see for yourself if you like in this full jpg of a test shot I made this morning, file size around 7 MB: http://www.alunfoto.no/temp/heligon2/20130225-0006-Full.jpg Same setup as the daisies, stopped down to f/11. It has been sharpened in Lightroom.

I didn't buy this lens for its sharpness, but it's a nice bonus. I wanted the large aperture and transparency to shorter wavelengths than the eye can see. The bokeh on full opening is amazing, and it renders high-contrast gradients in a very peculiar way. That was particularly visible when used with the 645D, so I'll be looking into options for making a mount for that system too.

Btw, I made a GIF animation of the DOF from full opening to f/22, if anyone's interested.
http://www.alunfoto.no/temp/heligon2/animasjon.gif (file size around 5 MB)

Jostein