On Mar 1, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Doug Franklin wrote:

> Oh, crap.  Please don't be "one of /those/ guys".  We used to call any class
> in which the instructor wrote the text a "Read along with Larry" class, for
> reasons that should be obvious.  Absolutely the most worthless, on average,
> classes I ever had to suffer through.

Read along with Larry?

Yes I wrote the textbook, but I don't remember having you as a student.

Besides I wrote the book so that I wouldn't have to cover that material at the
track and would then be able to concentrate on finer points and actually
coaching my student's driving.  Yes, I'd pull it out to use the diagrams or
track maps, but I wouldn't read along.

There were some times that I'd give them my copy and tell them to read a
particular chapter while I was on the track with another student.