On Sun, Mar 03, 2013, David Mann wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1. Why do forms that expect a credit card number reject spaces?
>> When you enter a credit card number in an online ordering form, it
>> would make sense to enter the groups of digits with spaces between so
>> you can easily see if you got them right. But no! As soon as you hit
>> Next, the form clears and you get an error message about an invalid
>> card number. Developers: how fucking hard is it to ignore the spaces!!
>> Assholes.
>
> It's trivial and it's exactly what I'd do.  I also dislike forms that
> split the CC number into four separate inputs, then when you type your
> fourth digit it automatically shifts focus to the next field.  All
> very good until you make a mistake and need to backspace.
>
> And the form shouldn't clear on error, that's pretty stupid too.

As a programmer myself, agreed except for that very last point.  I mean,
the form as a whole shouldn't clear, but it's arguable (though not an
argument I'm going to have on this list ;-) that clearing the credit card
number is a requirement for proper security.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/