I was looking through the photos I took at Toronto's annual ice race one last
time and saw this one.

Alberto won four years consecutively about ten years ago. He is still fast
(made the semi-finals this year) but he knows winning again is a very long shot
(all the right people would have to fall). Still, he shows up every year, races
hard and just has a great time. A few people dress up but the Ice Emperor has
the best costume each year.

I know I showed a few others of him in earlier GESOs but this gives a good look
at his costume and his character:

 http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2013/03/the-ice-emperor.html?m=1

Too bad about the two oof snowflakes in his face; what can you do?  ;-)

Hope you enjoy. Comments always welcome.

Cheers,
frank

"For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and
spontaneity." -- Henri Cartier-Bresson