Here is some more detailed information from my colleague-astronomer:

Comets are fickle, so it is always hard to predict the evolution of the tails
as it approaches perihelion. This comet was discovered by the PanSTARRS
project, a 2.5m telescope in Hawaii (with more planned) which digitizes
the sky regularly to find Near Earth Objects.

http://media.skyandtelescope.com/images/Comet-Panstarrs_Mar-7-20_556px.jpg
This shows you where to look. This was made for 40degN so the comet
will be higher in the sky here at 30deg. It will be brightest starting 9
March or so. It will be very easy to locate on the 12th relative to the
Moon.

http://medsa.skyandtelescope.com/images/j_EOS+6D4140_16.jpg
The photo was taken a few days ago in Argentina showing a nicely
developed dust tail. A good comet will have the dust tail extend at
least 45deg or so.
<<<<<

I hope this would be helpful to some people.

Igor

Fri Mar 8 00:27:42 EST 2013