We are all spectacles and spectators...
(including the photographer)

http://42graphy.org/misc/Japan/KidsAndDeer/
(this works as a series)

Being a white guy, I think I was as much an exotic subject as the deer.
According to the wikipedia page about Nara:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nara,_Nara
" Demographics
As of 2005, the city has an estimated population of 373,189...
There were about 3,000 registered foreigners in the city, of which
Koreans and Chinese are the two largest groups with about 1,200 and 800
people respectively. There were slightly fewer than 1,200 deer in Nara
in 2005."
So, there are more deers than non-oriental foreigners in that city. :-)

Igor