Thanks for looking and commenting, JC, Paul and Jack.

JC, I used my K-r, with t DA 18-135 f3.5-5.6 lens.  Paul, I played
around with different crops, but I liked this best, even though I
anticipated that others would think it should be less centered.  I
guess it's my rigid personality.  Perhaps I'll call it my "style," and
pretend it's an artistic judgment.  <G>  Jack, yes, the color was
there.  the shot was taken around sunset, which accented and slightly
tinted the color.  Although some cattle egrets are all white, many
have yellowish to rose markings on the head, back and chest:

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/cattle_egret/id

Dan Matyola