It's a very nice shot. The statue, which is the highest value in the scene is
somewhere around zone 7. None of the highlites are burned out. The blackest
blacks are well within the range of the film. There aren't a lot of values in
between because they don't exist in the scene. But where there are middle
grays, such as at the base of the wall, they are well represented. And of
course the single splotch of color is magnificent. Like much of Mark's work,
it's a great photograph.
Paul Stenquist