Years ago, I bought a datacolor spyder 2 express (or whatever the
inexpensive one was) because there was supposed to be software available
to use it on a Linux box. Datacolor explicitly mentioned that they didn't
want their units used on linux and wouldn't help.   I eventually gave up,
and bought an iMac.

The software for it specifically prevents using it to calibrate multiple
monitors on the same computer. There are workarounds, but they are a pain
in the ass.

I'm looking to upgrade it to one that will calibrate multiple monitors.
Since datacolor are such dicks about hobbling their hardware to sell more
expensive software,  and about linux, I'd rather not buy another  product
from them.  Not completely opposed, but d on't want to.

What monitor calibrators do people reccomend?

--
Larry Colen via squirrelmail