From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:02 PM
Subject: PESO - Revisiting an Old Photo

I shot this pic about ten years ago with the 6 x 7 and the 165 mm leaf shutter
lens. I used a Pentax AF 400T flash firing into  a camera-jointed  umbrella,The
film was  Portra 400 exposed at f8 at 1/250th. I was never able to get a good
scan of it. Don't know why. Perhaps conflict between the woman's skin tones and
the background.

Revisited it today, and  I was able to get a pretty good rendering with the
Epson V500. I scanned it at 6400 dpi, using the Epson Scan software, which I
have found to be much better than Vuescan. I I did some additional color
correction and some dodging and burning in PhotoShop. Pretty happy with it now.
It's here:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=17091312&size=lg