Hi Mark, Toine

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:08:53 -0400 Mark C wrote:

>Your approach is certainly much more elegant than what I tried. The Raynox on
>the 06 telephoto zoom retains the compactness of the overall Q kit.

Just a quick check to see if I understand this correctly, the Rainox 250 is an
8-diopter closeup lens, so the subject distance would
be something like 12.5 cm right ? And that would be almost independant on the
focal-length of the Q-lens being used.

So, wouldn't it make just as much sense to use it with the (even faster) 01
standard lens instead of the 06 telezoom ?

I am looking into getting one, they go for something like 75 Euros here,
including a step-up ring from 40.5 to 43 mm.

>Do you have any sample images taken through the Raynox? I had initially
>considered this approach but was concerned about the Q's AF and the 06 zoom
> it was pretty slow without a closeup diopter and I worried it it would be too
> slow with one. I tested the Q and 0y with a reverse mounted 50mm and had
> major
>problems getting AF to work, but when it did the results were great. The v
>1.11 firmware seems to address the AF issue with the original Q and the 06
>telephoto
> it is quite fast even in dim light - so the Raynox is looking appealing.

I just went to the Pentax Japan site for that 1.11 update, and it is
'temporarily unavailable' :-)

BTW: The rolling-shutter distortion in the Bee images that started this thread
looks quite remarkable.

Regards, JvW