On 31/03/2013 8:07 PM, Mark C wrote:
Something annoying that just starting in Photoshop CS5 recently: If I have a tool selected via the tool bar and then use a shortcut key to select another tool the tool changes for a second or two and then reverts back to the original one. The new tool is never functional.

For example, if I select the crop tool from the tool bar it comes up just fine. But if I then hit the J key for the healing brush the healing brush appears for a second or two, but then the crop tool reappears. It happens with every combination of tools I try - so if I had selected the healing brush from the tool bar and hit C to crop, I've get the crop tool for a second or so then it would revert to the healing brush. Net effect if that keyboard shortcuts don't work.

Any PS guru out there know if this is some sort of setting that is amiss, or is something else going on?

Thanks

Mark

Believe it or not, any time I've had Photoshop misbehave, a cold reboot has been the answer. If you've tried that, sorry, I'm clueless as usual.

bill