On Apr 6, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Bob W wrote:

> On 6 Apr 2013, at 06:16, Bipin Gupta <bip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi John, Stan, Bob and many other good PDMLers, I agree with you folks
>> and that we should not publish, depict, post or spread hatred on a
>> Public Network.
>
> Who gets to define hatred?

Good question Bob. Just to be clear, I have  nothing against hatred. I think it
is a foolish waste of time, but I don't think it is something that can be
legislated. I feel sorry for those who get all wrapped up in their negative
feelings about other people and spend their time fulminating about others
rather than getting on with their own lives.* My objection is to those who take
violent action against those they hate, or who threaten violent action. E.g.,
being a rabid fan with an abiding hatred of Man U is o.k. by me, being a
hooligan is not.

* A former acquaintance is a nice happily married church-going woman who is a
good mother  and has several young-adult children who would make any parent
proud. She is also way off on the other end of the political spectrum from me.
She is a "friend" of mine on Facebook. She persists in spreading hateful
nonsense stories about senior political leaders who I happen to support. I feel
sorry for her, but I believe she has the right to her paranoid fantasies. I
enjoy her postings with news of her kids and I ignore the other stuff.

stan