Commebts on some snippets:

"I see the implicit wisdom in using parentheses to
denote the proper order. Why leave the correct solution to chance when
one could explicitly specify it?  Is it really too hard to do so?"

No, it isn't but it is overkill. If people were taught correctly in the
first place, it wouldn't be necessary. there is no "chance" about it.

"As programmer I am often in need to write code in a way
that could be easy to read/modify after me."

True, but remember that computer code follows the same rules. Don't programmers know that?
Perhaps they have become accostomed to the programming language doing it
automatically for them?

"However IMO this does not apply to basic math."

In the end, all computer code is basic maths, so it does.

"It shouldn't be subject to discussion all together - everyone
should be able to simply read it and see the result."

Yes, they should!

Alan C