From: Darren Addy
I don't think this has been discussed here yet but perhaps, given that
this is the Pentax Discuss Mailing List, it is worthy list fodder:
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/features/an-interview-with-pentax-evp-jim-malcolm
--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi

Not much good news there from my point of view. "Pentaxians" say they don't want/need full frame.

Plus a bunch of excuses why you can't find a retail store that carries Pentax cameras. Which excuses, BTW, don't square with what the guys who own the local camera stores told me.

They weren't offended by being put through to distribution. Pentax just wouldn't accept their orders; not through the salesmen, not through distribution.

When I wanted to buy a K10D, the local dealer told me Pentax wouldn't accept his order. That was a FIRM order with a cash deposit from the customer.

The local dealer finally filled my order by ordering from B&H. I don't know if he made any money on the sale or not, because his price was damn close to B&H's price.

And, at that time, Pentax's web-site was still showing him as a Pentax dealer.

Since then he's occasionally taken some Pentax stuff in trade that I've subsequently purchased (that's how I got my K20D) and he's still got a few old accessories he hasn't consigned to eBay. But he no longer sells Pentax, because Pentax won't sell to him.