Latest is that it is clearly explosive device not manhole. two explosions, then a thrid was intentionally detonated and police
are supposedly saying there were more found unexploded.

Mark's face book page some hours ago said "still trying to decide where
to go to watch the marathon." which prompted my concern just on a personal level. And, of course, the Marathon and the events at Fenway
are a draw for our photo buddies up there.

Whoever the perps are - it does seem clear it was intentional -
I was paying extra close attention as a close froend of mine lives not far from where the explosions took place - relieved to hear from here
from her son in law that she is in Europe.

It is something of a mess there, to say the least.

ann