From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry Colen
Sent: Monday, 15 April 2013 6:12 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: What are the shortcomings of your gear?

What photos are you losing because your gear isn't performing well enough, or
because it doesn't
have a feature that you need? And in what situations does this present itself?
If there is a work
around, what do you need to do to get the shot?

Poor autofocus?  Can't use the flash in the rain?  Don't have enough resolution
to make wall sized
prints?

For example, "my camera sucks because it isn't full frame" is not what I'm
looking for.  Here's a
hypothetical case:
The exposure metering sucks. If I leave the camera on auto exposure, then when
I am taking photos of
Dave Brooks working the corner of Heart Attack and Vine downtown, the camera
keeps metering for the
stop light, and both David, and his pimp Doug come out way underexposed.  If I
dial in exposure
compensation, then when I shoot without the light in the background it
overexposes and his white
satin pants are totally blown out.  I just have to put the camera in manual,
set the exposure by the
histogram, and hope that no cars catch them in their headlights.